I know WordPress just posted my generic 2012 in review but I wanted to do a slightly more personal one about what I did in 2012 and what I want to do in 2013.
What I Did in 2012
- Lived in a different country (Scotland) and knew myself the better after coming back
- Re-evaluated my choice of study and career and came out on the side of nursing, a choice I’d never considered in earnest since becoming an adult
- Began nursing school
- Lived in a real-life grown-up apartment, not in a dorm or at home with my parents. Unfortunately, I had to leave my apartment after 6 months and am currently searching for a place to live.
- Wrote 34 posts for this blog. Not an ideal, by far, but I have to accept that this blog is a side-project and that school comes first.
- Finished my English degree, and happily put it away for now. I’m far more happy to have English literature and language as a hobby and an interest than as my course of study and career path.
- Travelled outside of Europe for the first time, to New York City. I’d love to go back but uuuuuuuugh money.
- Read 172 books out of an initial goal of a 100 for the year. I updated it to 150 eventually, but I knew I couldn’t make it to 200 so now it looks wonky.
What I Want to do in 2013
- Write one post a month for this blog in 2013. AT LEAST. I want to keep the blog posts consistent, rather than write a million posts one week and none for the next three months.
- Study for school more efficiently.
- Read 100 books.
- Find a new place to live, but preferably in January rather than, say, December.
- Write more. Ideally, I’d set time away to write during the weekends but I am so, so bad at structuring my time.
- Which reminds me that I need to get better at structuring ALL of my time. If anybody knows a good app or website to structure work-time, school-time, down-time, study-time, hit me up, eh?
- Make more lists because they really help me feel organised and on top of things and if I don’t feel that way I leave things too late and don’t bother doing them.
- Save my money up.
- Spend more time with my friends.
- Get to know people in my class better and try to socialise more.
- Eat mindfully. I’m working on unlearning some really toxic bullshit and just start listening to my body’s demands.
- Travel to Paris again. I have half-baked plans with a friend to do this.
As for upcoming posts on this blog, I can’t say too much as I’m not actually sure. I want to post more Danish history, and continue my series on fashion, but I’d also like to expand into other interests like good tv shows and books that I’ve read.
I hope you the readers wil stay tuned and that you’ve had a great start to your year!